The proposed budget shown below represents a snapshot in time from 2000 when Robert Reed, et al. attempted to incorporate Pfafftown. It does not represent any current data. This information was taken from the Initial Application of the Pfafftown Steering Committee.
Manager, Clark and Other Staff
Sub Total $165,600
State Street Aid (Powell Bill)
Sub Total $500,600
Sub Total $299,000
|Town Hall Rent||$18,000|
Sub Total $36,000
|Total Expenses||$500,600||Total Revenues||$500,600|
1. The village employs five people. Four of them work in the office: the village manager (paid $36,000 annually), the village clerk (paid $28,000 annually), the finance officer (paid $24,000 annually) and the assistant village clerk ($20,000). The village also employs a maintenance worker ($24,000).
2. Each of the village’s six board members are paid $600 annually and the mayor $1,200.
3. The village provides the following services:
- Police protection is provided by an arrangement with the Forsyth County Sheriff Department.
- Fire protection (A tax levy for the service is presently in place).
- A private hauler handles garbage collection.
- The Village will begin a program of installing street lights.
4. The county continues building inspections, tax assessments and tax collections. The state maintains the state roads and the village maintains all other streets with revenue from state street aid (Powell Bill receipts).
5. The Village leases office space until property can be acquired and a Village Hall constructed. The village will own one maintenance vehicle.
6. Revenues are based on a property valuation of $238,102,500 and a tax rate of 10 cents per $100 of valuation. All other revenues are estimated.